In this issue of Power Steering, we’ve paid attention to readers’ feedback. We’ve added an FAQ section as well as links to our Connect how-to videos that will guide you through the registration process and help you get the most out of Connect.
But first, we are pleased to welcome Courtney Hathaway and Jennifer Russo to our team. You will see Courtney in Connect as a Navigator – she’ll keep you tuned in and updated with all that’s going on in Connect. Jennifer is at the wheel, driving each issue of Power Steering directly to your in-boxes. Many thanks to Courtney and Jennifer – their skills and expertise keep In the Driver’s Seat running smoothly and heading in new directions!
If you’re on Cruise Control, then you know you have straight, open road ahead. That’s how we want you to feel with your Self-Direction services – like there’s open road ahead. Learn how the process works to pave way for a smooth ride!
- What is the role of a Care Manager?
- What assistance does a Support Broker provide?
- What are the responsibilities of a Fiscal Intermediary (FI)?
Getting Started with Self-Direction – 3 obvious sounding but very important tips from the experts:
- Thoroughly read letters you receive from OPWDD/DDRO; the questions you have or will have may be answered in the fine print
- Call your local DDRO Self-Direction Liaison directly should you have any questions about the process, including length of time approvals might take
- Learn as much as you can, including the Self-Direction Guidance for Providers; if you are educated and prepared, you’ll be able to develop a good plan and not be surprised by questions/responses
Emily Ladau :: disability rights activist, writer, storyteller, and digital communications consultant. Emily’s career began at the age of 10, when she appeared on several episodes of Sesame Street to educate kids about life with a physical disability. She’s the co-host of The Accessible Stall Podcast, and author of Demystifying Disability: What to Know, What to Say, and How to be an Ally.
ARE YOU CONNECTED?
Have questions about joining or using Connect? Click the following links to learn how to use the platform.
- Adding Profile Photo And Key Information
- Additional Information
- Service Region
- Service Provider Information
- Contact Information
- Connecting With And Messaging Members
- The Activity Feed