We’re kicking off Spring with some exciting news!
Drum roll, please….
In the Driver’s Seat has joined Handshake to help recruit staff! Before we officially launch Handshake, we’re looking for 6 Self-Directed users to help pilot the program. Are you interested?!
Here’s more information and how it works:- Handshake is an online recruiting platform for college students and alumni; Handshake partners with universities and employers to streamline and simplify the recruiting process.
– Since only businesses can join Handshake, In the Driver’s Seat has stepped up to join on behalf of people with I/DD and families using Self-Direction to help them find staff.
– In the Driver’s Seat has developed a form that Self-Directed users will complete and submit to In the Driver’s Seat.
– In the Driver’s Seat will then transfer the information to Handshake and local colleges. Students who apply for specific employment opportunities will then be connected to the Self-Directed user.
– Currently we’re registered with Handshake only in colleges in the Western NY and Finger Lakes regions but please stay tuned as we add more regions and colleges.
If you live in the WNY or Finger Lakes regions and are interested in helping to pilot this program, let us know! Please respond by May 12.
Join In the Driver’s Seat and the Marlene Meyerson JCC on Monday, May 15 for a virtual and in-person Self-Direction Symposium!
No matter where you live, this is an event you won’t want to miss!
ARE YOU CONNECTED?
Have questions about joining or using Connect? Click the following links to learn how to use the platform.
- Adding Profile Photo And Key Information
- Additional Information
- Service Region
- Service Provider Information
- Contact Information
- Connecting With And Messaging Members
- The Activity Feed